The Prince Claus Fund and the Goethe-Institut are issuing a Call for Proposals: Cultural and Artistic Responses to Environmental Change.
This call for proposals is aimed at Africa, Latin America, Asia, the Caribbean and Eastern Europe. It seeks to support initiatives that enable local communities as well as global institutions to engage with the threatening changes of nature and our environment through contemporary artistic and cultural interventions.
They are specifically looking to support initiatives that:
- Employ new media to re-imagine a more sustainable world, and provide space for different perspectives within the sustainability discussion
- Promote the inclusion of women and minority groups
- Support concrete cultural initiatives that enable local impact while encouraging a global exchange on culture of sustainability and climate justice
- Encourage out of the box initiatives by artists and cultural practitioners looking to re-imagine conventional approaches to environmental sustainability and climate justice
- Support the development of artistic and creative initiatives that reinforce and rethink traditional knowledge and methods as a means to promote sustainability and climate justice
- Stimulate and inspire communities to use sustainable materials and resources within their own contexts and practice
The Prince Claus Fund and the Goethe-Institut will support initiatives within the financial range of €15,000 – €20,000.
The deadline for the submission of project applications is 14 June 2019 at 17:00h Amsterdam Time.
Please find out more on their website: www.princeclausfund.org