Why Abdelsamee Wants to be Board Member
I have an extensive background in working in culture and civil society in MENA region with focus on art for social impact, I’m developing and leading interventions in arts, media and advocacy targeting several groups of professionals and local communities.
Currently, I’m leading the advocacy and campaigns component at ActionAid Arab Region; through my position I support social workers, youth movement, civil society organizations and activists through developing their capacities in Advocacy, Campaigning and Leadership. This enables them to address issues of inequality and injustice. Since using creative tools to integrate refugees into host communities is becoming very essential in areas affected by the conflict. I work with vulnerable youth and women from refugee and host communities to establish their own innovative community art to foster social cohesion and coexistence.
As dynamic cultural activist, artist and art manager, I am looking forward to improving my career path in culture, through working with an international network supporting cultural manager from around the word, where RBCM Network could be the best place for this, I expect to learn more about key actors in this field cultural management in Europe and the rest of the world, Which will widen the impact of my work in cultural management. I am passionate about working with fellows who have the passion to improve the cultural environment and to strengthen the capacity of cultural institutions and cultural manager for strong impact, so, I will do my best to contribute as an asset with my colleagues to jointly achieve the greater goals of the network. Hence, being board member for RBCM Network is to be a significant step to effectively utilize my knowledge and experience in terms of leading effective and innovative work which increase the networks influence in improving the cultural sector in Europe and the worldwide.
- Diploma in Multimedia, Information Technology Institute of Alexandria (2008-2009)
- BA of Arts in Theater, Faculty of Arts, Alexandria University (2003-2007)
- Participatory Action Research Officer (Acting as) at ActionAid, Arab Regional (AA -ARI), Amman, Jordan, May 2019 – Present
- Campaigning Officer at ActionAid, Arab Regional (AA -ARI), Amman, Jordan, January 2018 – Present
- Advocacy Curriculum Development and TOT Trainer on Advocacy, Innovation for Change Initiative, MENA Region Hub, MENA region, March 2019 – Present
- Advocacy and Capacity Building Consultant in “Women Digital Storytellers for Gender Equality” a project led by Atabet Fann for Arts, Media and Training, funded by EU in Lebanon, Palestine and Tunisia, May 2018 – Present.
- Advocacy Trainer at ActionAid, The Arab Regional Initiative (AA-ARI), Amman, Jordan, August 2015 – December 2017.
- Programs Manager at Atabet Fann For Arts Media and Training, Palestine (Remotely), December 2013 – July 2015.
- Projects Coordinator at Eskenderella for Arts Management, Alexandria, Egypt, October 2013 – March 2014.
- Founder and Manager, Sailors for Arts, Alexandria, Egypt, November 2008 – July 2015.
- Project Management Expert for MedCulture Programme by EU, Rabat, Morocco, May 2018.
- Participatory Action Research Trainer for Department of Social and Cultural Anthropology, Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam, Amman, Jordan, February 2018.
- Advocacy Trainer for Right to Play (RTP), Amman, Jordan, December 2017.
- Expert in Cultural Project Management in the “TASHBEEK” Project by Tajalla for Arts, funded by EU in Amman, Jordan, August 2017.
- Co-Trainer in Cultural Project Management in (ABBARAH Programme 2017) by AlMawred AlThaqafy in Amman, Jordan, April 2017.
- Puppet Theater Trainer for ARDD Legal-Aid, Amman, Jordan, May 2016.
- Theater Trainer for House of Tales and Music, Amman, Jordan, October 2015 – January 2016
- Freelancer Debate Trainer for Munatharah Foundation/ Tunisia, Cairo, Egypt, March 2015 – August 2015
- Project Management Trainer in Mashroua’ Matloub for C&C Tendering/ Tunisia, Cairo, Egypt, April 2015